Matthew R. White
MANAGING ATTORNEY | TACOMA
Matthew R. White
Matthew White is one of the founders of South Sound Law Group, along with his father, William White and his sister, Erin White. As a family owned and run law firm, South Sound Law Group does things a bit differently, and it shows, as they have a reputation in the community for caring, effective, and lasting advocacy.
Although the main office is located in Tacoma, WA, Matt and the rest of the team at South Sound Law Group regularly handle both criminal and civil matters all over western Washington.
Matt represents Washington residents, as well as visitors, tourists, and military members, on a full range of criminal offenses – DUI, assault, domestic violence, drug possession, theft, and firearm violations. He was recently named a Top 40 under 40 in Washington for criminal defense by The National Trial Lawyers.
Matt is also known as one of the top speeding ticket and traffic ticket attorneys around. He regularly defends clients in District Courts and Municipal Courts throughout Washington.
He also represents people on a range of serious injury accident suits including, but not limited to, motor vehicles, busses, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrian accidents. He also provides legal services for vacating criminal convictions, restoring firearm rights, protection orders and anti-harassment orders, and wrongful convictions suits.
Any client that works with Matt understands his passion and tenacity for helping people. Matt brings a strong combination of knowledge, experience, and a calm demeanor that puts his clients at ease knowing that he’s got their case under control and will work tirelessly to obtain the best result possible for them.
Matt is a big northwest sports fan, outdoor enthusiast, avid traveler, music lover, and enjoys a great local brewery. He enjoys the great pleasure of working with his family and continuing to build a legacy of a law firm and family that truly cares about its clients and fights for them.
- DUI Defense
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Vacating Criminal Convictions
- Restoring Firearm Rights
- Protection Orders and Anti-harassment Orders
- Wrongful Conviction
- California Western School of Law, J.D. cum laude
- Western Washington University, B.A.
- Tacoma / Pierce County Bar Association
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- Citizens for Judicial Excellence
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Washington
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court of Washington
- United State District Court of California
- I would recommend over and over again I would recommend Mr. White, and his team over and over again. From the beginning, they were extremely knowledgeable and courteous. I have worked with other attorneys in the past, who treat you as if they are superior. They fail to acknowledge they are employed by you, and your fees pay for their…
- Would Definitely Hire Again I hired Matthew White to take care of a minor traffic ticket for me. I work in an accounting office and the court date was set for the first week of April, so I had no time to deal with anything but taxes. Matthew and his firm were excellent in taking on my case and handling everything. I didn’t …
- Best Attorney Around! Best attorney around! Mr. White and his firm handled my case quickly and kept me informed from start to finish. The outcome could not have been better and coming to this firm was the right choice! Thanks so much!
- GREAT!I had the displeasure of meeting Bill White a couple of years ago. Displeasure not for him but for the circumstances that lead to our meeting. I had a driving situation that needed attending to. He was GREAT! Expensive, but worth it. TRUST ME! You will be satisfied with his service and Jessica,…
- Fast and Professional Mr. White handled my ticket in a very fast and professional manner. I am somewhat unfamiliar with the process that goes into contesting a ticket so he explained the steps and timeline for the process in clear terms. He was able to get my ticket dropped and all I had to do was send him a copy of m…
- Took care of my family and I Any time I had an issue Bill and his staff was on the ball, they took care of my family and I and we didn’t have to worry about it! Great job, professional and reliable, I would recommend him again and again!
- Best Results Mr. White handled these cases with the best results, dismissed. I highly recommend this law firm. Thank you Mr. White.
- Prompt, Courteous, Efficient, and Victorious I received a traffic citation several months ago. My first call was the right one. Immediately, Matthew White took control of my case and contested the infraction. The only requirement of me was to provide a copy of my ticket. Matthew did the rest! Without setting my foot in a courtroom, Matthew
- Amazing and Wonderful When I got in trouble I was young and scared. I was not legal yet and my parents made me figure out what I was going to do all on my own. After shopping around for many weeks in the Tacoma area, meeting with 12-15 different lawyers. Bill from the jump stood out to me. First off, he let me come in…
- Exceptional Bill, Erin, and Matt are an exceptional team. They are competent and considerate to each of their clients. They take care of everything without you having to worry! I will recommend this team to my family and friends.
- Highly recommended Matt over at Law offices of William White is batting 1000 right now on like 5 or 6 tickets this year. This guy is amazing and I would highly recommend him to anyone needing an attorney with anything to do traffic. Thanks Matt!