William A. White
MANAGING ATTORNEY | TACOMA
William A. White
William A. White (Bill) is the owner and founder of South Sound Law Group, with his children Matthew White and Erin White. Bill previously founded and ran for 30+ years his own private law firm William A. White, PLLC before starting the new firm with his children. As a family owned and run law firm, South Sound Law Group does things a bit differently, and it shows, as they have a reputation in the community for caring, effective, and lasting advocacy.
Although the main office is located in Tacoma, WA, Matt, Bill and the rest of the team at South Sound Law Group regularly handle both criminal and civil matters all over western Washington.
Bill has been practicing law for over 40 years beginning at the Pierce County Prosecutor’s office and then into private practice where he focused on criminal defense and traffic tickets. Bill represents Washington residents, as well as visitors, tourists, and military members, on a full range of criminal offenses – DUI, assault, domestic violence, drug possession, theft, and firearm violations. He also provides legal services for personal injury, vacating criminal convictions, restoring firearm rights, protection orders and anti-harassment orders, and wrongful convictions suits. He is highly respected by judges and prosecutors throughout Washington. Through hard work, compassion, and effective results, Bill has built a reputation as one of the top criminal defense trial lawyers.
Bill has also served as a Judge Pro Tem for Pierce County District Court and in several Municipal courts including, Tacoma, Fife, Buckley, and Bonney Lake.
For more than 40 years Bill’s guiding principles have been to fight hard for his clients and care for them through their most trying times. To Bill, his clients are more than a case, they are people who need and deserve the finest representation he can provide. Bill has been so steadfast and dependable in his service as an attorney, that we here at South Sound Law Group regularly handle cases for the children of those Bill represented years ago.
Although he no longer coaches soccer, you can find him at every home game for the Seattle Sounders. He loves traveling to new places with his wife of 40+ years, especially if its hot and sunny. He enjoys taking his dog Tucker on walks, supporting local restaurants, and the occasional pint of Guinness.
Bill is overjoyed and proud beyond words to be able to work with and build a new legacy with his children. The same work ethic, knowledge, and skills, he has deployed for over 40 years he sees in his children, and he can think of no one better to carry the torch of an honest, hard working, and reputable attorney than them.
- DUI Defense
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Vacating Criminal Convictions
- Restoring Firearm Rights
- Protection Orders and Anti-harassment Orders
- Wrongful Conviction
- University of Puget Sound School of Law, J.D.
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Washington, B.A.
- Tacoma / Pierce County Bar Association
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Citizens for Judicial Excellence
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Washington
- United States District Court of Washington
- Understanding and Helpful We used William White for a couple of cases in Pierce County. I hired him while my husband was in jail in another county and Mr. White drove out there to see him. He was understanding and helpful with me and courteous and thorough with my husband. I have recommended him to other friends over the
- Extremely Professional Bill White and his office are extremely professional and highly reliable. Easy communication and very hard working. His office was very easy to work with. In the future, if I need any assistance related to the type of cases Bill works with, there is no doubt that he is my attorney for that matter.
- High quality The law office of William A. White is professional, helpful, and quick. They provide excellent and high quality service and ware always extremely respectful and kind along the way.